EXCHANGE STUDENTS ERASMUS+
The opportunity to study abroad offers students a chance to experience different walks of life in foreign countries with rich history and culture. Cross-cultural awareness is the key to the process of European integration. The Erasmus+ program offers a unique opportunity to learn how to effectively cope in an international environment, how to communicate across linquistic, cultural, geographical and political borders.
The Military University of Technology (MUT) located in Warsaw, Poland is a state polytechnic university established in 1951. For over 50 years MUT has gained experience, national and international prominence as a top-tier technological research university. Nowadays, MUT is one of the leading centers for didactics and science in Poland.
The MUT structure is based on seven faculties: Faculty of Cybernetics, Faculty of Electronics, Faculty of Civil Engineering and Geodesy, Faculty of Logistics, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Faculty of Mechatronics and Aviation, Faculty of Advanced Technologies and Chemistry and independent Institute of Optoelectronics. All faculties are engaged in educational and research activities. Each faculty is entitled to give a Ph.D. degree.
MUT follows the directives of European Federation of National Engineering Associations. The model of studies, curricula and syllabuses introduced at the University comply with European Federation of National Engineering Society standards. MUT offers high quality studies for both military and civilian students on every academic level ( bachelor, engineer, master, postgraduate, Ph.D.), as well as specialized courses for professional technical staff from various companies.
Civilian students and graduates of MUT do not have any legal commitments to the Polish armed forces.
The University campus is located at the western border of Warsaw in proximity of the Kampions National Park. The city centre is within easy reach by public transportation. It is planned as a self-sufficient town with social infrastructure, dormitories, gastronomic and sport facilities, banks, stores, a hotel and a post –office.
MUT has been participating in Longlife Learning Programme “ Erasmus” science 2002. European Credit Transfer System ( ECTS) is applied to encourage students to acquire education and experience at different schools around Europe . Foreign students from over 27 European universities can study at MUT within the Erasmus framework.
How to apply
- Find out if your university has an Erasmus agreement with MUT
- Contact your Erasmus Coordinator for directions
- Submit the application form
- Complete the Learning Agreement
- Check accommodation possibilities at MUT and in Warsaw
- Check students living expenses in Warsaw (approx. 450 euro/month)
Incoming students will receive a student card that allows:
- to access MUT‘s buildings and other facilities,
- a free access to sport facilities,
- to register at the library,
- to obtain a discount on public transportation.
Incoming students are eligible to apply for a room at MUT’s dormitories otherwise a flat should be rented.
Forms must be submitted before the end of June.
Social activities at MUT
- Chess club – trainings every Wednesday 4 – 10pm at MUT student club. Everyone can come and try his/her hand. Our students participate in several chess tournaments.
- Painting – classes Tuesdays and Thursdays 5 – 7pm at MUT student club. Students are inspired by the landscapes, works of great masters, sketches of nature and drawings. Techniques: pastels, watercolors, oil paintings. Painting equipment is available. Classes are supervised by a professional art teacher. Participants take part in exhibitions, openings, visit galleries and museums.
- Dancing classes – for students who love the music and dancing. Dance lessons in groups and individual classes are offered for people who want to learn rock’n’roll, jive, cha cha, mambo, salsa, samba, rumba, tango argentine, Vienna waltz, English waltz, foxtrot, paso doble and reggae.
- Student Restaurant – open seven days a week, 10am-9.30pm. All guests are welcomed. Restaurant offers a 9 foot billiard table.
- Juwenalia – is an annual students’ holiday in Poland, usually celebrated for three days in late May, before the summer exams. Juwenalia are celebrated in all colleges across Poland. It starts with a triumphant parade of colorfully dressed students marching from a college’s campus to city’s main square, where in a symbolic gesture, the mayor of a city hands keys to the city’s gates to the students. The three days are free from lectures and filled with concerts, parties and sport events.
- Music Club Progresja — Progresja is open daily except Mondays from 6pm. Rock music on weekdays and underground local musicians and famous foreign bands on weekends and holidays. Progresja already hosted such bands and musicians as Dimmu Borgir [Norway], Pain Of Salvation [Sweden], Marduk [Sweden], Pro-Pain [USA], Vital Remains [USA], Mortician [USA], Riverside [Poland], RPWL [Germany], Paatos [Sweden], Clive Nolan & Nick Barret [UK], Colin Bass [UK], Destruction [Germany], Enslaved [Norway], Archive [UK], Paul Di Anno [UK], Cradle Of Filth [UK], Vader [Poland], Decapitated [Poland] and many more.
Calendar of Erasmus year
application submission deadline for Winter Semester
|Beginning of October
academic year starts
|25 December-2 January
|First half February
fall semester exams
|Second half of February
a week of for Easter
|Beginning of May
|Last week of June
spring semester exams
For submission send all the below listed document originals with the mail to:
- Application Form
- Learning Agreement
- Housing Application Form
- two passport photos
- photo in jpg format.
WOJSKOWA AKADEMIA TECHNICZNA
ul. Gen. Witolda Urbanowicza 2
00 – 908 Warszawa
- Application Form
- Learning Agreement for Studies
- Learning Agreement for Traineeships
- Housing Application Form
Students applying for the Erasmus programme are allowed
to choose courses from one faculty only.
It is not possible to attend courses conducted by more than one faculty.
Study program with ECTS points:
- ECTS Faculty of Cybernetics course
- ECTS Faculty of Mechanical Engineering course
- ECTS Faculty of Electronic Engineering course
- ECTS Faculty of Advanced Technologies and Chemistry course
- ECTS Faculty of Civil Engineering and Geodesy course
- ECTS Faculty of Logistics course
- ECTS Faculty of Mechatronics and Aerospace
- ECTS Institute of Optoelectronics
If you have any questions or would like to get more information about the Military University of Technology please don’t hesitate to contact us. We will be happy to help you.
INSTITUTIONAL ERASMUS COORDINATOR
Karol Wilk, MA
phone + 48 261 837 988
fax + 48 261 839 159
If you want to find out more about the study program, please contact respective faculty coordinators:
- Faculty of Cybernetics: Henryk Popiel, PhD, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty of Electronics: Jerzy Pietrasiński, PhD, Dsc, email@example.com
- Faculty of Civil Engineering and Geodesy: Agata Orych, PhD, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty of Logistics: Magdalena Kijek, MA, email@example.com
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering: mjr Krzysztof Gocman, PhD. Eng, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty of Mechatronics and Aviation: mjr Konrad Wójtowicz, PhD. Eng, email@example.com
- Faculty of Advanced Technologies and Chemistry: Wojciech Kiciński, PhD, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Institute of Optoelectronics: Mirosława Kaszczuk, PhD. Eng, email@example.com
- Military Coordinator: mjr Grzegorz Waszkiewicz, PhD, firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome at MUT!